Legal & Privacy
1.0 How we use your personal information
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorized this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
1.1 How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorizing and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymized basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorized by you or the Act.
1.2 Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data center that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- other third parties (for anonymized statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorized by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorized by you.
- A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
2. Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorized activity, or other misuse.
3. Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at [insert email address]. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
4. Internet use
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your personal information on the website’s Facebook, message board/ chat room or other social media, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
This policy was last updated on 19/11/2020.